Ye Olde Walking Dead Spoiler Thread

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: Ye Olde Walking Dead Spoiler Thread

Post by Mal Shot First »

"He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life" was a nice touch, despite the ham-fisted way it was worked into the shot in the church.

Also, when Goiter was describing the older football player getting all up in his face about wearing his jersey to the fair, I kept imagining the football player looking like Rick. Seriously, the man needs to keep his testosterone in check.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Corporal_Hicks wrote:Has Maggie even said a word this season?
Maybe the actor is just taking a break from faking an American accent.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

She needs to les up with that army girl in the short shorts.

Dalty: Bringing a Touch of Class to Internet Message Boards Since the Earliest Days of Internet Message Boards
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

That's a damn lie!!!

You'll notice I didn't say what *kind* of class.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

6th grade in Alabama.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Episode 4. A bit disorienting at first, since I wasn't sure if it was a flashback or not, but a nice look at another post-walker society. I especially loved the end, SPOILER: when I'm pretty sure Carol showed up in the hospital. The anticipation of destruction next week is delicious.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Faking unconscious and about to go all Carol on their cop asses??
Corporal_Hicks
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

It was a very boring episode, and I didn't really buy into the supposed insanity of the cops running the show in the hospital. With all of the chaos going on, everything was way too clean in there, down to their uniforms. It doesn't make sense to me how they can go out on so many "runs", I guess to find injured people, without any casualties and things remaining so calm (and boring) back at HQ. One of the things the show has tried to make clear, possibly not quite as effectively as it could but is still rammed down our throats, is that going out on a "run" is serious business. Your chances of returning from a "run" are slim due to all of the dangers in the new, fallen world. I don't see the cops as this badass force that can survive multiple runs without things going all to hell.

Mainly I don't buy the cops as a legitimate threat/enemy, and I hope Carol offs them quickly so they can move on to more interesting things. I wonder who Daryl was calling out of the woods at the end of (episode 3?). My first guess is refugees from the hospital, but even if it's a flashback it does not seem like enough time has elapsed relative to Daryl/Carol disapearing, Carol showing up in the hospital, Rick's group offing the cannibals, Daryl/Carol/refugees showing back up at the church.

Not bothering with spoiler tags anymore, since I'm not dealing with the comic.

It was more than obvious that it was Carol.

I figure the person Daryl tells to come out is the guy Beth helped to escape. He's walking on a hurt foot, so that might explain why he was lagging behind Daryl. That, or Daryl just told him to hang back so he wouldn't get shot by mistake. Well, OK. The real reason whoever was hanging back in the shadows was hanging back was because the writers wanted to set up a cliffhanger and a reveal.

I think most of the Beth stuff from the most recent episode is flashback, with the guy making it through the fence being fairly close to the present.

Daryl and Carol took off after the one car with the cross in the rear windshield, so they probably got pretty close to the hospital while tailing the car. Whether or not they were overtaken and Carol was injured/knocked out or Carol is playing possum is anyone's guess. Could be that she and Daryl planned it. It would probably require having found the guy Beth helped escape for them even to know to plan it. He would be in a position to tell them exactly what they need to do to pull off Beth's extraction.

Could be that Daryl's just outside the hospital. It could be that even the scene where Carol is rolled in is a flashback. It could be that Carol, Beth, and the guy Beth helped escape are all three in the shadows.

They could play it any number of ways. I'm guessing either Daryl and the dude have come back for reinforcements or that Daryl, Beth, Carol, and maybe the other dude have already made it out. If the latter's the case, that could mean either that they've already taken care of the hospital folk or that the hospital folk are hot on their tail.

If it plays out any of the ways I figure it might play out, I'll probably be pretty bored by it. With any luck, the suggested scenarios above are way off and the writers have some real surprises up their sleeves. With any luck, this, too, won't get dragged out, and we'll get the core group back together soon.

They might have a moral quandary up ahead with the doctor. They could use a doctor, but, you know, he's done stuff. They all have, of course. But still!

Beth could also just kill him for making her kill somebody else. I'm sure we'll get at least another scene or two where we're hit over the head, yet again, with how she's a strong person now. The show's at a place where everything's morally sticky and you don't really put any behavior past anyone.
scarletregina
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by scarletregina »

While I like Beth's character (unpopular opinion) and loved the episode for that reason, the overall story was weak. In many ways, it felt like they needed give Beth a villain to conquer so they decided to throw a sexual predator at her. That was annoying. I think they could've been more creative, but that lollipop scene was still disturbing.

The episode was heavy-handed with "Beth is strong now!" We get it. I would've rather they show us than tell us. I didn't mind the callback to her attempted suicide though, I thought that was good.

In many ways, I see Beth as a mini-Carol. Carol was even more fragile than Beth at the start of the show. Now she's High Bitch In Charge. I don't know if Beth will ever get to that level, she still has a lot of growing to do. I hope that she finds out that Maggie totally forgot about her and that she smacks Maggie in the face for it. Maggie is one of my favorite characters, but I just can't with her forgetting she has a sister.
neglet

Post by neglet »

That's okay, the writers seemed to have forgotten that Maggie's there at all this season.

She'll never walk down Lime Street anymore.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Maggie has run away with Captain Flat-Top and Dr Mullet so we won't find out just yet.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Question: Is David Morrissey in this show?
Corporal_Hicks

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

Without opening a big can of worms, yes.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

OK, thanks. I'm sure I misspelled his last name horribly, but I heard an old Kermode podcast he hosted this morning and he mentioned being on there. That is the extent of my Walking Dead knowledge.

Carry on!

I bet there's a group of people somewhere in the Walking Dead universe who use "a big can of worms" as their pet description for a zombie.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

It hadn't even occurred to me that this entire episode wasn't a flashback. I don't see why there couldn't have been enough time for Daryl and Carol to follow the car to the hospital, extract Beth, and get back to the group. After all, they were gone for quite some time (a day and a half at least). I just figured that Daryl was talking to Carol and Beth when he turned around and told whoever was behind him to step forward. I agree with Goiter that this would be boring and predictable, so I also hope that I assumed wrong.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

2-3 flashback episodes before the reveal ahoy??

That's a stretch.

By which I mean they are sure to stretch it out.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Nah, I'd say we'll get another flashback episode and then we'll be back to where Daryl runs into Michonne.