The Pro Wrestling Thread

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by Adam54 »

Adam54 wrote:SPOILER: BAYLEY IS COMING!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Or maybe not??
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Well, maybe somebody should give him a tissue or a towel, anyway. Just in case.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Bayley is a lady, Goiter. You know this.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Biggest post-draft news?

Corey Graves is replacing JBL on Raw. I've found no word on what the PPV announcer lineup will look like, but this can only serve to help Raw.

JBL is moving to Smackdown, Lawler is off air all together. Do we all agree that this is a mistake? They're both pretty damn bad at this point, but JBL is just damn near intolerable.

Adam54 wrote:Bayley is a lady, Goiter. You know this.
I was talking about you.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Fair enough. She's a helluva lady! If the newest rumors are true and she's going to be Sasha Banks' mystery partner on Sunday, I may need a whole case of tissues. And towels!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Quick thoughts on Battleground:

1. I would watch Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens fight forever. My God. It's a fresh new brand of amazing every time those two are in the ring together. I've never seen anything like that. Innovative, great storytelling, just remarkable stuff.

2. I would watch Sasha Banks and Bayley do anything together. Tag together, wrestle each other, make out with each other, star in a reality show together, anything. They're just the best and it's utterly baffling that they're not giving Bayley a full call-up yet.
Master Skywalker
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by Master Skywalker »

Adam54 wrote:Quick thoughts on Battleground:

1. I would watch Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens fight forever. My God. It's a fresh new brand of amazing every time those two are in the ring together. I've never seen anything like that. Innovative, great storytelling, just remarkable stuff.

2. I would watch Sasha Banks and Bayley do anything together. Tag together, wrestle each other, make out with each other, star in a reality show together, anything. They're just the best and it's utterly baffling that they're not giving Bayley a full call-up yet.
Admit it. The part in bold above is really first in your list. ;P

Haven't watched any of Battleground yet but I heard about the Zayn/Owens match and its brilliance, which is typical for those two. Will have to watch that soon.

I'm glad Ambrose retained but I'm guessing this means Stephanie will throw even more of a fit and create a RAW-specific championship. Which basically takes us back to 2002, right?
On December 20, 2019, the Greatest Saga Ever... concludes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
May the Force be with you
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

.....maybe. ;)

It was a solid show all around, but if you're pressed for time I'd recommend, in order, Zayn/Owens, the Triple Threat and the women's tag match. And how BOUT that Sasha Banks!! Champion at last!! This scares me though that she'll just drop it back to Charlotte at SummerSlam. The timing of the win feels a little anti-climactic, doesn't it?

The WWE Universal Championship. *sigh* I mean...that's a profoundly stupid name, but holy hell...the Roman Reigns downward push has begun and the Finn Balor era is here!!! I'll take that!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I sort of like how they're going back to a couple of the older school tricks like using local wrestlers to get new talent over and having Saxton interview people in the ring immediately after the match. What's old feels fresh again, y'know?

OH AND SPEAKING OF FRESH!!

Good GAWD was it nice to hear Corey Graves on Raw instead of JBL. That improves that announce team by at least 2000%. He is damn good at what he does and JBL is just awful.
Mango
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by Mango »

Lucha Underground had their big season end show.
A lot of good wrestling, but man was I disappointed with the finishes to most of the matches.

Even worse they kinda blew the end to a two season plot with unneccesary hyping up for a wrestler who doesn't need any hype.

I mean, it all looked good...but dammit...
Master Skywalker

Adam54 wrote:.....maybe. ;)

It was a solid show all around, but if you're pressed for time I'd recommend, in order, Zayn/Owens, the Triple Threat and the women's tag match. And how BOUT that Sasha Banks!! Champion at last!! This scares me though that she'll just drop it back to Charlotte at SummerSlam. The timing of the win feels a little anti-climactic, doesn't it?

The WWE Universal Championship. *sigh* I mean...that's a profoundly stupid name, but holy hell...the Roman Reigns downward push has begun and the Finn Balor era is here!!! I'll take that!
Glad to see Sasha win, although I'm also concerned this means she'll lose it to Charlotte at SS. I don't think Charlotte needs the win at such a prominent PPV.

WWE "Universal" Championship sounds like a schoolyard response to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. "You're the world champion? Well, I'm the CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE! Take that!" It's ridiculous. And instantly devalues the WWE WHC.

I wasn't too surprised by Reigns' loss, but it was still great to see Balor go over and go straight to the main event of SummerSlam. That's a pretty nice push right off the bat.

And how about Ziggler getting the spot against Ambrose for the WHC? THAT was unexpected. I thought it would be Styles. I still anticipate Styles getting a run at some point in the near future, especially since he's the top heel on Smackdown.
Adam54 wrote:I sort of like how they're going back to a couple of the older school tricks like using local wrestlers to get new talent over and having Saxton interview people in the ring immediately after the match. What's old feels fresh again, y'know?

OH AND SPEAKING OF FRESH!!

Good GAWD was it nice to hear Corey Graves on Raw instead of JBL. That improves that announce team by at least 2000%. He is damn good at what he does and JBL is just awful.
JBL used to be interesting for about a nanosecond back when he first became a commentator and actually bothered to talk about the wrestlers and the match. He's been useless for years.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

NXT has announced their first ever Minneapolis stop next month. SO excited!!! :D
Master Skywalker

Adam54 wrote:NXT has announced their first ever Minneapolis stop next month. SO excited!!! :D
Cool. Do you know who's slated to appear?

Are you caught up on this week's RAW and Smackdown?
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I haven't seen a thing since Battleground, I'm afraid. Anything worth catching up on?

WWE's site didn't have any event info, but I just checked the arena page and am SO excited!
For the first time ever, WWE Presents: NXT Live - #NXTRoadTrip will be stopping in Saint Paul on Sunday, September 18 at 3 p.m. Fans can see NXT Champion Samoa Joe, Women's Champion Asuka, Bayley, Shinsuke Nakamura and many more battle it out between the ropes at Roy Wilkins Auditorium
Master Skywalker

Adam54 wrote:I haven't seen a thing since Battleground, I'm afraid. Anything worth catching up on?

WWE's site didn't have any event info, but I just checked the arena page and am SO excited!
For the first time ever, WWE Presents: NXT Live - #NXTRoadTrip will be stopping in Saint Paul on Sunday, September 18 at 3 p.m. Fans can see NXT Champion Samoa Joe, Women's Champion Asuka, Bayley, Shinsuke Nakamura and many more battle it out between the ropes at Roy Wilkins Auditorium
I expect to see pics of you with a "Hug ME, Bayley!" sign there! ;P
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Done and done!!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

You should make the drive up and join me! What better place for the first ever Huffy Flounce meetup?? :D
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Damian Sandow is debuting in TNA tonight. I'm not sure how I feel about this, especially since we're now living in a world in which WWE cut him but resigned Jinder Mahal.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

The new girlfriend and I are going to the NXT show next month. She wanted a shirt, so tonight I ordered her a shirt (of her choosing. Which was this: http://shop.wwe.com/bayley-im-a-hugger- ... 001-3.html )

I'm opening myself up now to suggestions of shirts I could get for myself. It doesn't HAVE to come from the Bayley section, http://shop.wwe.com/bayley/

but coordinating this may not hurt.

From certain angles, that first shirt is going to look pretty offensive.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Only you, Goiter, only you.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Seriously, look through those shirts. There's wordplay galore. You'd be in heaven.

That Piper's Pit shirt's pretty rockin'.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

That's not bad at all! I'll add it to the "maybe" list.

In other news, Hulk Hogan officially killed Gawker. http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/08 ... next-week/