Noteworthy Video Dump

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: Noteworthy Video Dump

Post by Mal Shot First »

I didn't mean to sound that harsh. If you can squeeze some more money out of your old fame, that's fine with me - I'd probably do it , too. I just felt a bit bad for him having to say with such enthusiasm how mac and cheese and Ninja Turtles are his two favorite things in the world.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

It's BuzzFeed, the interviewer is predictably terrible. It's Stewart and McKellen being their usual charming selves, though, so it's worth a watch.
Quasar
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by Quasar »

Who's Sirian McKellen?

Dunno. I'm also unsure what this Days of Futures Past movie is the interviewer keeps mentioning.

Grandpa Seth is shilling for Edeka:

Quint posted this one on AICN:

Here's one that noteworthy, I think, for bad reasons:

If you grew up in the South during the late eighties, you probably heard this song a lot.

There's not much in the video, itself, that's objectionable. I suppose there's something that occurs between 0:22 and 0:42 that could be taken as vaguely racist. Other than that, the most objectionable thing about it is how maudlin it is.

I've always had a problem with the song. It's the same problem I had with Dalty's copypasta in the 1959 vs. 2009 thread on Corona. It has a limited worldview. It presupposes that everyone's experience "back when" was great.

I always wanted to write a response song as the grandfather. It would start out sweet, but he would get increasingly xenophobic, sexist, and racist as he told her how things really were. ("You see, li'l missy, when I were y'uns age, I ain't hafta share no water fountain with no eggplant. And Hitler? Mebbe he were an evil man. Hidunno. But he had him sum good ideas. And women? Sheeit. They wuzzn't sa damned uppity." Clearly, the meter needs work.)

I like the music all right, and the vocals are solid. I just get hung up on the lyrics.

I guess it's also noteworthy as yet another reminder of how much more attractive Naomi Judd is than her daughter. Poor Winona. Ashley clearly got all the looks. Then she got older and Katherine Heigl came and took all her parts.

Oh, and this reminds me. I owe Kid Rock an apology. (I never thought I'd type the previous sentence.) I suggested recently that he probably got Hepatitis C from Pamela Anderson. Posting this Judds video reminded me of when Naomi contracted Hepatitis C and decided to quit touring to focus on it. People started musing on whether or not she had gotten it by sleeping with X country singer, and fans jumped to her defense and pointed out that it was rare for a person to transmit Hepatitis C sexually.

So Kid Rock, I apologize. Maybe you didn't get Hepatitis C from Pamela Anderson, after all.

Then again, it looks like the likelihood of contracting it sexually increases if you already have a sexually transmitted disease. (This is according to WebMD.) How about it, Kid Rock? Did you have anything before you were exposed to the Hep?
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

The line "Did daddies never really went away" bothers me because it assumes that all it takes to be a good father is not to leave your family and to "be around." What if your father is an asshole who abuses your mother? That never happened in the old days!

My stepfather's sister shot and killed her husband. He was beating up on her, and she put a stop to it. I think maybe she was at work at the time, and I think their son saw it happen.

This happened in the late eighties, just like "Grandpa (Tell Me 'bout the Good Old Days)"!

Their son grew up to be a pretty big douche, by the way. He was always stealing my stuff. He had a Super Nintendo, a Neo Geo, and pretty much anything else he ever asked for. His mother didn't make a whole lot of money, but she spent it on him when she got it. Why he'd want any of my worn-down, second-hand shit is beyond me.

I think he's in jail now.

Seems like he's gone to jail a number of times for a number of reasons, but the one that sticks out happened at least a decade ago and involves him getting high and trying to kill someone in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I think maybe he had been an employee there recently. I'd have to ask my mother.

Alabama, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I watched an episode of Late Night with Seth Meyers for the McKellen/Stewart interview. I then skipped past an interview with someone I'd never heard of to listen to the stand-up act. He was decent:

Here he is on Letterman last year:

He's probably one of those comedians everybody who follows comedians knows about. I'm behind the times.
Djack Zteelecock
Jubboiter's Diaper Changer - 50 Posts
Jubboiter's Diaper Changer - 50 Posts

Post by Djack Zteelecock »

I've been watching a bunch of 'Half-In-The-Bag' reviews lately. Didn't really cotton to the format that much when it first appeared, preferred the Mr. Plinkett reviews, but I'm starting to enjoy HITB a little. Anyway, redlettermedia also has other review series on their site, like 'Best of the Worst', and I watched their most recent episode of that, the first of the series I've seen, since it covered super hero movies, one of three having been one I'd seen at least once (it's 'Supergirl', and they used to show it on TV when I was a kid, and I've seen parts of it multiple times, and feel like I've seen the whole thing at least once, though I still didn't recognize most of the footage they included in the review (I think they said it was the international version and was ten minutes longer)). The other two movies are 1990 'Captain America' and 1994 'Fantastic Four'. All around enjoyment in this episode.

http://blip.tv/redlettermedia/best-of-t ... ur-6756487

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

That was fucking adorable!

The French Wikipedia page for Thériault claims that he shoots right, but it's clear from the above that he's a southpaw when it comes to fightin'.

I've always associated Roch Thériault with violence.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

If Ol' Beau Watkins asks if you want to go swimming, you buy a motherfucking pool!

This was enjoyable:

Dalty

Post by Dalty »

They were going for Indy points with added Hip bonus.

All I saw at a glance was some mention of Indy's hip bones.

If he falls on the set of the new Star Wars, he'll probably break one.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

He will get all "Enders Game" on us and just be all growls and elderly-ness. In this time, Greedo would have shot first. Han would have complained it was too loud.

Greedo: That's the idea... I've been looking forward to this for a long time. [Greedo fires blaster, misses.]
Han Solo: With that fakakta tchatchke *you* shoot at *me*?! Maybe then I shoot at you why not?
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:Greedo: That's the idea... I've been looking forward to this for a long time. [Greedo fires blaster, misses.]
Han Solo: With that fakakta tchatchke *you* shoot at *me*?! Maybe then I shoot at you why not?
Harrison Ford is a quarter Jewish, after all... not too shabby!