Current Annoyances

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
omicron
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Re: Current Annoyances

Post by omicron »

Yearly goal setting at work. Management has basically said if you do your job, and nothing else, you will be considered barely acceptable in the year end rankings. So they are essentially saying they are expecting us do go above and beyond our duties just to be ok. This includes things that running training sessions for the firm, traveling for firm business (and doing so as cheaply as possible so expecting us to do 3 transfers instead of doing a direct flight). Oh, and they are looking into taking away our wireless hotspots to save the firm some money, despite us using them a lot and the firm reporting a billion dollar profit last year.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Current Annoyance
Dr. Phil went and bothered Shelley Duvall with his brand of "help" and turned the cameras on while he did it. I'm bothered by this.

Fuck Dr. Phil. Exploitative motherfucker.

Shelley Duvall gave me a great gift in Faerie Tale Theatre. It has been with me my whole life, thanks to my mother's video tape piracy, and I have returned to it a lot.

This probably goes without saying, but Dr. Phil is a bad human being. Fuckin' Dr. Phil.

Mostly, though, fuck Dr. Phil.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

omicron wrote:Yearly goal setting at work. Management has basically said if you do your job, and nothing else, you will be considered barely acceptable in the year end rankings. So they are essentially saying they are expecting us do go above and beyond our duties just to be ok. This includes things that running training sessions for the firm, traveling for firm business (and doing so as cheaply as possible so expecting us to do 3 transfers instead of doing a direct flight). Oh, and they are looking into taking away our wireless hotspots to save the firm some money, despite us using them a lot and the firm reporting a billion dollar profit last year.
It's been the same at most companies I work for. As soon as I understood that the order of importance in any org is:

- Shareholders
- Board and ExCo
- Customers
- Partners / Suppliers
- Employees

I made peace with it and started giving less of a fuck and became a mercenary little shit only in it for getting paid by the company. To my company, I am just a means to an end to get stuff done for them. Which is fine, as they are just a means to an end for me to give me money every month that buys me nice stuff! Going transactional is quite liberating.

Relevant to your corporate plights:

Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

I want snoring to become embodied in some sort of living humanesque form which I can then kill in the most brutal manner possible.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Yours...... or somebody else's?
omicron

Post by omicron »

Ordered a couple of books and a game from Amazon. Get an email that it's out for delivery, then an email that it's been delayed and then an email that it won't be delivered because it was lost/destroyed. I would love to know what happened. Did the package fall off the back of the truck? Did the truck get into an accident and blow up?
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

I spent half an hour on the phone with UPS because they can't get their shit together. Because we live on a busy street, we're very concerned about packages being left and stolen. UPS often will just leave it and not even knock on the door. So we automatically have it sent to the local UPS store, but occasionally the driver doesn't feel like going there so we get labeled undeliverable. My package of cyber Monday Christmas stuff got rerouted three times before I had to call, five days late, and get them to start an investigation. Who knows where the package went? Certainly UPS doesn't.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Amazon Logistics guys are doing my head in! I am at home, have been at home all day, I hear them out the card through my door. I would have heard them if they rang the bell to make the actual delivery. But they put this card through telling me I was out and they will redeliver!! What the actual fuck? Was it too heavy for them to be bothered to try and get it off the van?
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

The fact I have to drive a cube van across miles and miles of Ontario roads today during our first great snowstorm of the year.

Do people actually need a sofa delivered that badly?
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Answer: yes. Yes they do.
Scotia
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by Scotia »

Ordered a laptop from Dell on black Friday. Christmas gift for one of the kids. Canadians can't get priority shipping so im told it will arrive in 5 to 10 business days, Dec 6. Week later receive an email updating arrival on Dec 13.

I call Dell and I'm told in severely broken English that the manufacturer is experiencing delays. Of course I panic and say I need a guarantee that it will arrive before Xmas. No dice. I tell my new friend on the phone to cancel the order. I thought I'd just go down to best buy here in town and buy the thing at regular price. (Dell order would have saved me $150).

So, and this is where the story becomes fukin stupid. The Dell rep says they can't cancel my order because it hasn't been processed yet. I speak to maybe three people trying to clear this up and get the bill off my credit card. Nope. Apparently it has to leave the warehouse to begin processing. Insane.

Meanwhile, this laptop is still available at best buy and I need to get it for the kid. I purchase it at the local store on my card. So now I'm carrying two bills for one computer. However my friends on the phone tell me that once the laptop traces the Canadian border it will be redirected to dell in Texas and my account will be fixed up. Heh heh.

A few day later I get an email that my Dell computer had arrived in Mississauga, Ontario. Holy fuck. I scramble both Dell and master card trying to short this shit show out. Given promises that everything is fine. Purolator Currier will intercept that package and send it back to the company.

Next the fukin day its in Montreal, then Moncton New Brunswick. It keeps heading east like a plague. Jesus Christ I'm flipping mad and freak out over the phone at ten reps at three different companies. I demand my credit card get cleared and fix the mess. More promises. More apologies.

Yesterday the computer arrived at my house. And my kid was there to sign for it.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

They really are absolute fuckers.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

My Xmas champagne delivery is 20 minutes late.

# first world problems
omicron

Post by omicron »

neglet

Post by neglet »

Nothing in common but the title. Hardly legendary.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Adam54 »

Current Annoyance:

People sharing a link/post on Facebook with a caption that just says "THIS!!!" or some variation thereof.

Drives me crazy. Add some insight, or don't say anything at all and just share it with your friends. I can surmise that you're a big fan of this thing you're sharing without the added commentary of "THIS"

I've complained about the same thing in the past. I think I may have even done it in one of our "Current Annoyances" threads. I'm similarly annoyed by people just posting "Same."
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

The fucking "Competitive Mourning" that now seems required, with celebrities having to take to Twitter to share their grief (in 140 characters) in full public view, just to show they cared.

Part II - the bastard news outlets who then simply re-report these Tweets as "news".
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

Adam54 wrote:Current Annoyance:

People sharing a link/post on Facebook with a caption that just says "THIS!!!" or some variation thereof.

Drives me crazy. Add some insight, or don't say anything at all and just share it with your friends. I can surmise that you're a big fan of this thing you're sharing without the added commentary of "THIS"
On a similar note, I hate, hate and hate those news links on facebook that take you to slideshow stories. Jezzus, nothing but next page buttons. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

"You won't believe what happened next! Click here.....>"
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:I've complained about the same thing in the past. I think I may have even done it in one of our "Current Annoyances" threads. I'm similarly annoyed by people just posting "Same."
Same.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Very gin
Much hangover
Such more headache