The Batshit Crazy Republicans Roundup

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: The Batshit Crazy Republicans Roundup

Post by Adam54 »

Adam54 wrote:
Adam54 wrote:
Adam54 wrote:
Oh, and I know I brought this up like ten pages ago, but we're now only three months out and he still could actually lose in Utah. I really want to see new polling there. The Mormons hate him.
A new (horrendously flawed) poll has him up 12 in Utah with Gary Johnson surging to 16%. He probably won't lose Utah, but I'd still like more/better data.
They are apparently legitimately concerned about losing Utah.

Damn it, if this is the one and only thing I get right in this entire bizarre campaign, I'll take it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/t ... tah-227030
Statistically tied in Utah. UTAH. Four weeks before the election.

BELIEVE IN ADAM SKOGLUND'S OPINIONS ON UTAH

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Here's something that popped up in my Facebook feed just a little after I made the above post:

"Thеy соuld litеrаlly rеlеаsе with hаrdсоrе fасts оf vidео аnd аudiо еvidеnсе thаt Hillаry Сlintоn wаs реrsоnаlly thе оnе whо shоt аnd killеd thе sоldiеrs in Bеnghаzi аnd реорlе wоuld still bе stuрid еnоugh tо vоtе fоr hеr."

Whether or not s/he's right to feel the way s/he feels, it's clear s/he feels it very deeply, and it's clear s/he feels s/he's coming from a moral and honest place. This person feels, like a lot of my Alabama kin, that Trump's treatment of women is so insignificant next to Clinton's role in the Benghazi attack that it's both absurd and disturbing that a Clinton supporter would even consider climbing on the high horse. This person feels the same when it comes to any number of the anti-Clinton talking points, just as many on the left feel something similar when it comes to any number of anti-Trump talking points.

This person (a former cop) also genuinely feels--despite not actually knowing any black people or having lived near any black people--that black people not only have all the liberties that white people have but that they also get preferential treatment and that they have no cause to complain about their station. Stats and articles that say contrariwise mean nothing to this person, since this person truly believes the media is liberal-run and manipulative. Snopes articles are dismissed out of hand because the Snopes people, according to this person and many others in Alabama, has a "liberal bias." (For every article you see discrediting this claim, you see another article discrediting the claims of the discrediting article. If you have the time and inclination, it's an amusing and somewhat terrifying rabbit hole to fall into.) It's a distrustful approach to media consumption that echoes some Christians' approach to fact consumption outside of Biblical texts.

Speaking of the Bible, this person attends church twice a week, is best friends with a preacher, and sincerely believes s/he's living a righteous life.

This is the same Alabaman I've mentioned in the past, by the way, who used to claim to be a "very conservative Democrat." This person now claims to be an "Independent for the people" who seeks to "give American government back to the people."

I wall-of-text this person from time to time, same as I do everybody, but I'm pretty sure s/he will go on to believe as s/he believes. This person has built a wall of confirmation bias around an echo chamber. Most of us have to some degree, of course. (Some are better insulated than others.) I feel that much of what this person believes is patently wrong, but we do agree on some points. The thing that may bother me the most about this person is that s/he has a nice, normal kid roughly Jubboiter's age. That kid's just a-talkin' up a storm, man. That kid hasn't worn diapers in two years. That kid goes to bed at seven at night. That kid hasn't been the cause of a medical bill since the one that accompanied her birth. Fuckin' normal motherfuckin' kid. For now. She'll grow up thinking all sorts of fucked-up Alabama shit, so there's that.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

It's cool to see David Wong saying stuff I've said.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

I think the phrases "Brick through your window" and "Are you fucking listening now?" sum up perfectly what I have also been trying to say.

Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Well, the Russians were terrified of Reagan and Thatcher as a double-act. And many people thought Reagan was an arse.
Master Skywalker
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by Master Skywalker »

The flimsy house of cards Orange Foolius somehow put together is falling apart, and it's delicious to witness. The only question now is how big Hillary's margin of victory will be. Hopefully it will be significant enough to bury the hateful subhumans supporting That Orange Guy for a long time.
On December 20, 2019, the Greatest Saga Ever... concludes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
May the Force be with you
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

But that's the point Master S. It's simplistic to dismiss all his supporters as hateful and sub-human. I'd wager many of them dislike him, or aren't voting for him personally or supporting his policies. They are just giving a massive "Fuck you!"'or a brick through the window of politics and politicians who they feel haven't been speaking for them for a very long time. He's the vessel rather than the contents.
Master Skywalker

Dalty wrote:But that's the point Master S. It's simplistic to dismiss all his supporters as hateful and sub-human. I'd wager many of them dislike him, or aren't voting for him personally or supporting his policies. They are just giving a massive "Fuck you!"'or a brick through the window of politics and politicians who they feel haven't been speaking for them for a very long time. He's the vessel rather than the contents.
It's simplistic, but sometimes, simplistic observations are true.

You're right, however: they're not just subhuman. Some are ignorant, some are stupid, a few are brainwashed morons, and then you have the group you mentioned: angry White people who are frustrated because they blame the government for all their woes, real or imagined.

The whole thing is coming down in a pitiful orange blaze, though.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Master Skywalker wrote:The flimsy house of cards Orange Foolius somehow put together is falling apart, and it's delicious to witness. The only question now is how big Hillary's margin of victory will be. Hopefully it will be significant enough to bury the hateful subhumans supporting That Orange Guy for a long time.
Two points:

1. Do NOT take that for granted. There's thankfully four choices this year, but half the country remains fucking nuts and complacency is our worst nightmare.
2. Please lord no more That Orange Guy. Can we have that censored automatically like we do with H***o? Please?
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Dalty wrote:This sums it up quite nicely:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-t ... lks-about/
I don't disagree with much of this and have similarly red roots in a blue state. People out there are clamoring for a change and are growing despondent as they watch their towns die.

But they fully recognize Trump isn't the guy to provide that change. It took until these revelations of him being a sexual predator to do it, but they're there now. Hopefully they'll regroup peacefully behind someone sane and qualified in 2020, but there's not enough nutcases out there to vote for him anymore.

Again...Utah. He's tied in fucking UTAH. Barely winning Alaska, Texas and South Carolina. If enough moderate Republicans stay home or vote for Johnson, this has all the potential to be the biggest electoral bloodbath since Reagan v. Mondale.

But that's no excuse to be complacent.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Hopefully it will leave an opening for a sensible Conservative to rise to help reclaim the right from idiocy.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Paul Ryan's working on it, but ultimately I think they're going to have to cut bait with the religious nuts before regaining national prominence as a party.

Or, far more likely, figure out a way to gerrymander statewide & national elections.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Last Week Tonight after recording it earlier in the week. This is gonna be good......
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

Adam54 wrote: 2. Please lord no more That Orange Guy. Can we have that censored automatically like we do with H***o? Please?
Better?

That Orange Guy makes me think of this Guy:

Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Let me test.....

That Orange Guy
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Sweeeeet!
Master Skywalker

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:That Orange Guy makes me think of this Guy:

I'd rather vote for Guy than That Orange Guy!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Jubbers wrote:
Adam54 wrote: 2. Please lord no more That Orange Guy. Can we have that censored automatically like we do with H***o? Please?
Better?
Thanks, Jubbers!

In today's polling news, Clinton is only down four points in Texas. And she's gaining on him.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -6104.html

Relax, Dalty. We got this handled.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

The stars at night shine big and bright!!

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

You can get some cream for that.
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

Just surreal. He defends sexual assault allegations by making sexual suggestive comments. What the serious fuck?