The Batshit Crazy Republicans Roundup

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Re: The 2016 Batshit Crazy Republican Presidential Candidate

Post by Dalty »

At least our PMs have the manners to have different surnames.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

It's more than likely a marriage of convenience at this point. Does that make it better?
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Surely the Dems have somebody other than Cunty McCunt-Cunt who is capable of leading?

People keep bringing up Elizabeth Warren. Her potential candidacy has more steam behind it than anyone else's, as far as I know.
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Maybe we need a "2016 Sleazebag Elitist Democratic Presidential Candidates" thread for the sake of balance.

I'm fine with it. I like balance.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Adam54 »

I'm honestly confused by the intensity of Dalty's Hillary hate. 'Splain, Dimple! With two cunts or less.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Or fewer. And preferably with no cunts at all, I have an issue with applying that as a derogatory term to a woman. (I am fine with you men calling each other cunts, strangely enough.)
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I do too, quite frankly. I winced at that last post of his. It takes quite a bit to make me wince.
Last edited by Adam54 on February 2nd, 2015, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

I am genuinely sorry if my use of that word caused offence.

It does form such a perfect insult from the hard C to the hard T. So direct and short and punchy. It is possible to get carried away with it. It tends to have become a little demystified as a word in the UK due to wider use. I guess 'wanker' just didn't cut it anymore.

I don't like how she conducted herself during the primary vs Obama. I don't like how she has apparently conducted herself whilst in the Obama White House and I don't like how she conducted herself during the Lewinsky affair. If the Right weren't being so irrationally mentalist at that stage a lot of people might have looked more closely.

I also just find her generally unlikeable. Not in a raving, frothing at the mouth Palin-esque way....... there is something about her that is just generally more........ devious?
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Yup.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

All's forgiven in my book, Dimple. <3

Can either of you expand on Hillary's conduct during the Lewinsky scandal? I know very little about her role (or lack thereof) in that, largely due to the fact that I was ~12 years old when that was going on and didn't really pay attention to the whole mess.

How is one supposed to act when one's president husband is very publicly outed as a adulterer? That's not meant to be a rhetorical question or something snide. I'm actively wondering how one is supposed to act in this situation. I guess she could have gone the Diana route.

Hillary had already dealt with allegations of her husband's adultery back during his initial run for president. (I learned this from Primary Colors. I hadn't followed the election closely enough back in the day to know anything about it.) Had to have been emotionally and physically trying.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Oh, so far as I'm aware the allegations of his adultery date back to the 1970s. I'd always assumed they still quite love each other and she just sort of made her peace with it as best she could and tried to make use of the power he was establishing to make her own place in the world, which she's done a damn fine job of.

But like I said, I don't really know what she did or didn't do that Dalty's referring to during the Lewinsky scandal and I'm intrigued to see exactly what issue he has with her conduct during it. And again, that's entirely because I don't really know what her conduct was like during it.

Teach me some American, Dalty!
Last edited by Adam54 on February 2nd, 2015, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

I don't often play the gender card, but I have to say: If Hillary Clinton were a male politician, nobody would be calling her a bitch or cunt on account of the things she's done.
Dalty wrote:I don't like how she conducted herself during the primary vs Obama.
He was a political opponent. She was running for the same office. She kept pointing out his lack of political experience, especially related to leadership positions. It's not like she was totally unjustified in pointing this out. Plus, Obama was enough of a politician not to take any of it personally, so he offered her the position as Secretary of State. Not sure why you're taking her conduct so personally.
Dalty wrote:I don't like how she conducted herself during the Lewinsky affair.
This seems like a cop-out response to the question you were asked, and I agree with Adam that you should probably elaborate on your response.
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Has it ever been established whether or not the Clintons had an open relationship? If so, then adultery isn't really the issue. He can see other women, she can see other men.

If their relationship was more traditional in it's parameters, then the fact she was willing to let herself be cheated upon year after damn year, speaks to her character and moral fibre. I mean really? You're putting up with this shit over and over, just for the sake of your political career? Masochistic at best, cynically amoral at worst.
neglet

Post by neglet »

But you're assuming it's "just for the sake of her political career." I'd suggest her actual feelings for her husband may have played a part, and we can't know how deep they are because no one ever can judge the content of a marriage from the exterior.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:How is one supposed to act when one's president husband is very publicly outed as a adulterer? That's not meant to be a rhetorical question or something snide. I'm actively wondering how one is supposed to act in this situation. I guess she could have gone the Diana route.
I've been thinking about this since I first read it a few hours ago and for the life of me I can't come up with an answer. It's an excellent question. Is there really a "right" way to behave in that situation? It was completely unprecedented in the scope of it's publicity, right? The only comparable presidential hornball I can think of is JFK, but I have no idea if anything concrete was ever publicized while he was in office. Probably not?
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Oh, and back to Republicans, the one who had a chance to win me over completely blew it today as I won't even remotely consider voting for a doctor who is this obtuse about vaccines. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/0 ... lp00000592 Chris Christie also said something absurd over the weekend.

That said, in terms of saying horrible, inaccurate and wildly inappropriate things, are vaccines shaping up to be for 2016 Republicans what rape was for 2012 Republicans? Or is it just too early yet for them to start trying to explain about how rape is sometimes okay?
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

neglet wrote:But you're assuming it's "just for the sake of her political career." I'd suggest her actual feelings for her husband may have played a part, and we can't know how deep they are because no one ever can judge the content of a marriage from the exterior.

Okay, then let's set aside the career aspect of it. There is something wrong with the judgement of a person who allows themselves to be perennially treated like a doormat in a relationship, not to mention their basic self-esteem. A leader kinda needs to have both.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Publicly perceived as a doormat. I'm inclined to take the side of the married lady here, Spacey. If Negs says no one can judge the content of a marriage from the exterior, then no one can judge the content of a marriage from the exterior. Accurately, anyway.

Maybe Hillary decided to stay married for the sake of their daughter. Maybe she publicly stood by his side for the sake of his presidency, while privately he spent a year or six sleeping on the White House couch. Hell, maybe it's like you suggested and they just have an open relationship and she sleeps around too.

The public story that's been painted by the media is that she's been perennially treated like a doormat, and I don't necessarily think it's wrong. I'm just saying I can see an equally strong argument that she may have put herself through unbelievable personal pain for the sake her family, his presidency, and the political good she believed him to be doing for millions of people.

That'd be astonishing strength were it the case, no?

Again, I'm not saying I'm right or that you're wrong, just from what I know of their relationship and her life, there's plenty of wiggle room available to see the side in which she's an awfully strong woman.

A person's liable to do all kinds of stupid, crazy, and/or disgusting shit for a daughter's sake.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Says the guy with the daughter!

I'm gonna defer to you on that one like I did to Negs on what it's like to be a married lady.

Unless you have any pearls of wisdom on what it's like to be a married lady, Goiter?

I can't afford pearls, but I'm definitely the mama. Jubboiter tells me so.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

And here I thought this was an accurate look inside your kitchen. :(