The 2016 Sleazy Elitist Democratic Presidential Candidates

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Re: The 2016 Sleazy Elitist Democratic Presidential Candidates

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Dalty wrote:Days to go and another FBI probe and more email issues for Crooked Hilary. I, for one, salute our new Orange overlord and his creepy/sexy daughters.
This would have been a thing if it had turned out--as it was heavily suggested by some and outright said by others--to have been about Clinton's e-mails. It's my understanding, though, that Clinton's e-mails are not the ones being reexamined this time around. My understanding could be faulty, of course.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Adam54 »

They're investigating Anthony Weiner and came across a couple emails either to or from Hillary on Huma Abedin's computer. May not even be anything new or relevant, certainly isn't a "reopening of the investigation" as Fox & Friends are desperately labeling it. Complete non-issue and the FBI director should step down for such a politically motivated move.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

Some polls showing her lead has been wiped out.

And here comes Adam54 with another polls rant!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

No, I give up. Dalty hasn't fucking listened to me once about the polls in the past two years, so why would he start now?
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

I get it, I understand electoral college and swing states.

I was just commenting it is interesting that a large poll lead has been wiped out in 48 hours.

In other news, it was announced that Donna Brazile resigned as a CNN contributor. I think she may have resigned a couple weeks ago, but it looks like the resignation (unless I'm missing something) only went public yesterday. Is this a tacit admission of guilt (which would, theoretically, be a tacit acknowledgement of the Clinton campaign's complicity), or is it just a departure amid controversy? Also, did she step down to avoid being fired?

Is the resignation something she would have done anyway? That is, has a mountain been made of a molehill? It doesn't look like it in this particular case. CNN maintains in this article that it "never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate." The article (located on CNN's finance subsite) also mentions that CNN was "completely uncomfortable with what [it had] learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor."

Whatever the case, many hold that the departure suggests that the documents included in the WikiLeaks release were, at least in part, the real deal. Also, polls or no, it's likely the recent talk of Weiner and probe reopenings hasn't helped the Clinton campaign. If the left has any more Trump-damaging October surprises up its sleeve, it only has a handful of hours to dump them on voters.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

And if it does, he will blame MSM and crooked Hilary and the dishonest system.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Dalty wrote:I get it, I understand electoral college and swing states.

I was just commenting it is interesting that a large poll lead has been wiped out in 48 hours.
Which one?

I posted some edits right after your post, Dalty. Don't know if you'll find them worth a revisit, but I thought I'd let you know. Mainly, I was focusing on making it clearer that CNN appeared not to be happy with Donna Brazile's conduct and had denied any culpability in what appears to have been an actual case of a news correspondent feeding the Clinton campaign info.

Trump has Trump to blame for Trump's actions, but it looks like he may not be entirely wrong to criticize the mainstream media or the Clinton campaign for their conduct. I think most of us take the system's dishonesty for granted, but I could be wrong.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Yet CNN continues to employ Corey Lewendowski, don't they?

Well, the article mentions that she resigned and not that she was fired. Whether or not her arm was twisted is anyone's guess.

There's an element of deflection with Lewendowski. The real news appears to be a major news source's admission (or, if you prefer, heavy implication) that the Clinton campaign was fed intel by Brazile and (more than likely) accepted it.

I don't know if we've gotten all we're going to get out of of the story or if more's to come. It could by that CNN was fully aware of the situation, that Brazile is a real company man, and that she agreed to take the fall for them.

I don't know if CNN has come right out and said that the Clinton campaign and Brazile were working together. I don't know to what degree it could be claimed that Brazile's offers of intel (assuming she made them) were accepted or to what degree Clinton (and not just the Clinton campaign) knew about them. If we find out more on these ends, it will probably come from some institution other than CNN.

If Lewandoski's conduct turns out to be as untoward or more untoward than Brazile's, by all means, CNN and Lewandoski should also be raked over the coals for that--though maybe a bigger stink should have been made before this, since it looks reactionary at this point. (It may also look, to some, like the left made little stink about Lewandoski's conduct through an honor-among-thieves sort of arrangement.) I look forward to finding out more about whatever bad shit he and the Trump campaign did together and how much CNN knew about it. At the same time, Lewandoski's potential wrongdoing and the Trump campaign's role in it doesn't lessen whatever wrongdoing took place between Brazile, the Clinton campaign, and/or Clinton (and/or CNN).
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I hope her firing is the beginning of the end of blatantly partisan talking heads yelling in the general direction of one another being presented as "news."

I'm sure it won't. But a Skoglund can dream.

Resignation!

The official line (whether true or not) is resignation, I mean--though I suppose you could also take it to mean I'm proposing you resign yourself to its being whatever way it's gonna be.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Why not both?

Here's an interesting piece from FiveThirtyEight: