Guns and guns and guns and guns!

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: Guns and guns and guns and guns!

Post by Adam54 »

Dalty wrote:I genuinely struggle to understand how anyone can reasonably think that somewhere in the depths of the White House / Pentagon / Capitol there was a meeting and somebody in power told somebody else in power to go and get some cops to shoot a couple of black guys so that can start the ball rolling on this gun-snatch plan.

Seriously?
I emphasized the key word in your question which also serves as the answer to it.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

Smart!
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Alabama, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Cold War politics was mentioned in Make-Fun-Of-Dalty-While-He's-Here Thread, and I see this ammunition and firearm stockpiling push among rural folk as a microcosmic expression of something pretty similar.

I doubt very seriously that any monolithic organization is orchestrating things in a mustache-twirling, Palpatinian way. Even so, it's clear some are profiting from the stockpiling and encouraging the stockpilers. Gun sellers profit from it. Organizations that support it and the corner of the government that promotes it benefit from it. To what degree the encouragement is borne of a desire to drive profits and to what degree the encouragement is borne of some genuine desire to see an armed populace is unclear to me.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

When I interviewed for JET back in 2010, one of the questions asked was how would I explain to Japanese kids why America has so many guns.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

"You see, kids, there was a time when we needed all the citizens (i.e., white people) to have guns to keep the blacks and Injuns in line. The whole thing just sort of escalated from there."