Fun Facts

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Re: Fun Facts

Post by neglet »

My Yule Cat always tries to eat my Christmas tree, no matter how artificial it is.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

Has it ever tried to eat you simply as a sartorial statement?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_Cat
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

In The Empire Strikes Back, the outfit worn by Bossk was borrowed from the Doctor Who wardrobe department.
neglet

Post by neglet »

Dalty wrote:Has it ever tried to eat you simply as a sartorial statement?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_Cat
I'm a girl. Having new clothes around is not a problem. Not feeding my cats is more likely to get a nose in my face.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

When filming Star Wars movies Peter Mayhew actually spoke lines for Chewbacca in English, not Wookie, so other actors could use them as cues to respond. Therefore if you can see any footage before the Sound Effects were added you can tell what Chewie was actually saying in all those scenes.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

In October 2002, prior to the eventual US invasion of Iraq, the Iraqi vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan, acting as second to Saddam Hussein, proposed that the whole issue be settled by a duel between the two countries’ presidents, with Kofi Annan acting as presiding officer.

George Bush declined the challenge and therefore, according to duelling convention, is a dishonourable coward. Under gentleman's rules, Iraq won.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Dalty wrote:When filming Star Wars movies Peter Mayhew actually spoke lines for Chewbacca in English, not Wookie, so other actors could use them as cues to respond. Therefore if you can see any footage before the Sound Effects were added you can tell what Chewie was actually saying in all those scenes.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Told ya!
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

This one is my favourite!