Westworld - speculation and spoilers

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Scotia
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Re: Westworld - speculation and spoilers

Post by Scotia »

Well, I dunno, I'm underwhelmed. The last couple of episodes just fizzled out for me. All the internet musings and speculation were spot on. The man is black is William, Bernard is a robot and humans are awful creatures, etc. Granted, I could have avoided discussion boards but that's what I do. I've theorised many a show and still enjoyed a whole bunch of them. This one, meh.

I read a review that had me thinking about a couple things too. Why is William even in the show? Especially young William. His motivation becomes even less clear by the end of the series. So he wanted to bring Delores to the centre of the maze, ie: realize she is a robot and become sentient. OK, I'll buy it although it looks weak as shit when you consider Mayve did it in 6 episodes. It blows William's whole reason for being out of the water.
Master Skywalker

Re: Westworld - speculation and spoilers

Post by Master Skywalker »

I just finished episode 9 last night, and was internally screaming at the screen for Bernard not to shoot himself. He's been my favorite character, along with the Man in Black.

I haven't glanced at any other posts in this thread, because I don't want to be inadvertently spoiled on whatever big revelation/twist is going to come in the season finale (which I'll hopefully watch tonight).

The first half of this season has been a slow burn, which was necessary to establish the world, characters, and some of the central mysteries. I feel there are a couple logic gaps, which I'll address after I finish the season, but the show's been keeping me interested.
On December 20, 2019, the Greatest Saga Ever... concludes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
May the Force be with you