Good Omens

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Good Omens

Post by Dalty »

Dalty

Re: Good Omens

Post by Dalty »

"According to The Nice And Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies) the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner.

So the armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except Aziraphale, a somewhat fussy angel, and Crowley, a fast-living demon - both of whom have lived among Earth's mortals since The Beginning and have grown rather fond of the lifestyle - are not actually looking forward to the coming war.

And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist..."
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Is this the one that describes the M25 as a plan of Satan? One of my favorites.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Yup! Great book.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

I read this last year. It was fairly enjoyable. It was like a much better version of Dogma. I found myself really enjoying some parts and being annoyed by others. I suspected that Pratchett had the heavier hand in the sections I really enjoyed and that Gaiman had the heavier hand in the sections that annoyed, but I waited until after I finished to find out anything about the writing process. It turned out that I was probably pretty on the money when it came to which writer wrote what.