AICN Ridicule Page

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Re: AICN Ridicule Page

Post by Dalty »

I saw that - made me chuckle too.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Or should that be "giggle" ?
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

The Mission Impossible review is a thing of horrific beauty.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Well, it was always going to happen given this topic!!! Talkback will be epic.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72956
Corporal_Hicks
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

Harry manages to get the name of Star Wars Episode 7 wrong.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73468
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Mal Shot First »

This comment in the talkback is gold:
Rick Cromack wrote:That's just a private joke between him and his Dad. Harry says, "The Force UNLEASHED", and Pops rolls his eyes, and Harry giggleshits, and it's all so fucking adorable, because he's just so Goddamned SPESHUL, a that's-no-space-station-that's-a-moon-sized man-boy taking hits off Kong Bongs in his basement and dwooling over the pwospect of pwenty of pwesents, Peter fucking Pangea. Fuck, this site sucks the hemorrhoid cream off the big hairy moosecock that George Lucas used to rape my childhood up the ass. Giggle.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Just in case there's someone here who doesn't already have the context for Mal's quote, here it is:

Back in 2011, Harry wrote this in his review of the Manhunter Blu-ray:
headgeek wrote:Raise your hand if this is your favorite Hannibal Lecter tale. I’m not quite there with ya, but I really do love William Petersen and Brian Cox. My only problem is that Cox just reminds me so much of his character in ALIEN… and that’s by no means a bad thing, but Hopkin’s Lecter just… it’s the character in my mind.
He was called on it almost immediately. It was obvious he'd gotten Cox mixed up with Ian Holm. Holm's character in Alien and Cox's character in Manhunter do have similar haircuts, and they're dressed somewhat alike. They also just plain look a little alike.

Harry could have admitted the mistake, and that would have been the end of it. Instead, he wrote this:
headgeek wrote:actually that's a private joke between Dad and I. I wrote it for just him to get. We'll deliberately say something purposefully wrong to get the other to correct us, before they see the other smiling. Admittedly, it works best in person, but Dad and I have a short hand, so in this case... I've always felt that Brian Cox's Lector reminded me of Ian Holm's Ash. In look, tone and impression. Separated at birth kind of characters.
No one bought it. Tthe article was a really long one, and Talkbackers thought it unlikely that Harry's father (who barely ever contributes to the site) read his son's writing with enough regularity for this to be plausible. It also seemed strange to Talkbackers that Harry would post a "private joke" like that when it was sure to be seen as a gaffe and cause him to have to go into a lengthy explanation as to how it was intentional.

Harry then wrote this:
headgeek wrote:sheesh. if it had been a genuine mistake, I would've corrected it. LIKE I DO. Don't you have weird movie games you play?
Talkbackers were quick to point out that Harry was constantly leaving his mistakes there for all to see and that it was rare--save those instances when he was (presumably) shilling for a studio or pretty obviously hoping to net a quote on a poster or commercial--for Harry to go back and correct things. The link Hicks posted (still uncorrected) is evidence enough of this. Harry's even gone on the record a number of times saying that he doesn't correct or clean up his articles because he feels this robs his articles of their freshness/in-the-moment-ness. (The truth, most of us assume, is that he is some combination of inept and lazy.) I think he even says this during that story Inside Edition ran on him in 1998.

Talkbackers latched onto it and made a fad of dreaming up Harry quotes wherein he gets things either slightly off or very, very off. The fad persists. Clearly. Some funny stuff has come of it.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

The list of worthiness proving tasks the acolytes must do in order to sit in he dark with Harry and his reek for 24hrs is hilarious reading too.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Plus he said "between my dad and I." Sure sign of a pretentious idiot.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Holy crappola he may have just actually done it! By it, I mean IT!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74768
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Harry decides a penis euphemism is appropriate and applicable for a review of a children's film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75974