Soccer

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: Soccer

Post by Adam54 »

That makes sense.I feel like the only sport which would HAVE to use the word match is tennis, right? Since there are games within the match?
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

Games, sets AND a match. It's almost too much!
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

When I hear "match," I think of tennis.

Or arson.

Or dating sites.

Or candy.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Or med school.

Ugh.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Dating. Now here's a thing!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I've joined a dating site called "Coffee Meets Bagel." Where past dating sites have mailed me new "matches" every day, Coffee Meets Bagel emails me one new "Bagel" per day. I get a message titled "Adam! Here's your daily bagel! Act fast before she gets away!"

I'm sticking with this site until one of two things happen.

1. The creepy novelty of getting sexy bagels emailed to me wears off.
2. I go on a date with one of the daily bagels so that I can ask her if she gets emails saying "Dr. Magic! Here's your daily coffee! Act fast before he gets away!"
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Online dating is amazingly the worst thing in the world and the best thing in the world at the same time.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

I'm also curious if only guys are called "coffee" and women are "bagels" or if some point I'll get emailed a lady coffee?

This site is bizarre. I love it.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

On it.........

I never did any sort of on-line dating back when I was a bachelor. Most of the time, I was either dating somebody or thanking the stars that I wasn't dating somebody. (I used to get roped into relationships. I didn't want to be in them. They just fell in my lap and I let them peter out at their own pace.)

I've been in situations where women who befriended me on LiveJournal or MySpace or Facebook have either flown in to see me or have invited me to fly to them. Most of the time, I met these people through other friends. I'd post something on a mutual friend's page, and the friend of my friend would like what I had posted. She would then send me a friend request, start chatting with me, and eventually suggest meeting up. I guess that's something like on-line dating.

I've never actually created a profile on a dating site in hopes of finding romance. I created a profile on a meet-and-fuck site some years back because a friend of mine sent me links to naked pictures, and I discovered when I clicked the links that I couldn't view them unless I created an account first. (The friend was a male friend, in case you were wondering.)

Clicking around on the meet-and-fuck site is the closest I've come to getting an idea of what dating sites are like. The difference between the average male profile and average female profile is pretty telling. Women tend to go to great lengths to describe the kind of people they feel themselves to be, and they go to great lengths to describe the kind of men or women they're interested in. They choose well-lit shots--usually either 3/4 profile or straight on--as their profile pics, and they include a series of shots of their clothed and unclothed bodies from different angles. Men tend to post a dong shot and call it a day.

When I created the profile, I only filled in the required blanks. You could choose age, height, and weight with a slider. I declared myself to be something like eighty years old, three feet tall, and five-hundred pounds. I completely forgot about my profile a day or two after I created it. A month later, I got an e-mail update featuring ten or so "winks" or "flirts" or whatever that particular site called it when a person showed interest. Either there's a handful of St. Louisans out there who have a thing for vertically challenged, morbidly obese octogenarians, or there's a handful of people out there willing to fuck pretty much anyone.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

You are NOT sending me a picture of any portion of you which could be considered a bagel, Dalty! I forbid it!
Fake Strider
Ye Ol' Sock Puppet
Ye Ol' Sock Puppet

Post by Fake Strider »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:Either there's a handful of St. Louisans out there who have a thing for vertically challenged, morbidly obese octogenarians, or there's a handful of people out there willing to fuck pretty much anyone.
Why not both?
Last edited by Fake Strider on November 13th, 2014, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:(The friend was a male friend, in case you were wondering.)
It was also not me, in case you were wondering.

Was this before or after I met Vespa? If it was before, then why the hell did you not share this information with me?!
On second thought, this kind of thing seems awfully shady. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people who try to hook up using that site end up getting robbed.

It was before, I think.

I didn't share it with you precisely because it was shady. I thought maybe I mentioned it to you back when, but I guess I didn't. The site still sends me the occasional e-mail (three or four a year, I think), even though I went through all the hoops you're supposed to go through to stop getting e-mail notifications.

I'm hoping my affiliation with the site will pop up if I ever run for public office. I didn't use my real name or give them any kind of credit info, but they do have my Yahoo! e-mail address. If the site really wanted to figure out who I am, it wouldn't take much work.

I also have an account with Chaturbate. I'm a lurker. It gets pretty boring after a while.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

My dad pressured me into trying out online dating while I was in college (My parents were convinced that I was asexual for a long time, and then they thought I was gay, which my mom - but not my dad - was fine with. Now that I'm married, they don't care what I am , but they are disappointed that I'm not going to make more Jubboiters). I went through the extremely lengthy process that is the eHarmony profile test (again, his recommendation) only to be told at the end that I was among the approximately 10% of people that they just can't help. That really helps one's self-esteem.

I briefly had a spartan OK Cupid profile for a while, as well, since two of my friends had met guys through that (both are now married to said guys, in fact). Ultimately I learned that my sometimes crippling social anxiety was just as bad (if not worse) online as it was off. I need my months of acquaintanceship before I'm comfortable around people in certain contexts (I can teach and give presentations just fine. No intimacy there), and online dating doesn't allow for that. I was a lurker on Corona for quite a while before posting. I had an account for a few months before even telling Goiter that it existed, and he actually made my first few posts for me as a way to ease me into it. Does this make me a sock puppet who has gained autonomy?
Quasar
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by Quasar »

Goits still makes all my posts for me.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

I know what you meant re: the profiles. Getting nowhere with the typical man profile (sans dong pic, it wasn't that kind of site!) so I roped in a female mate who has known me for 32 years. She picked my profile pics and listed out what she thought was good about me from a female perspective. We worked this into an amended profile and BAM !

Damn woman is a genius! I am drowning in an avalanche of clunge!
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

A bagel just liked me! I repeat, a BAGEL JUST LIKED ME!
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

At first I read, "A bagel is just like me!"

It's at least a little disturbing that this site is essentially calling women soft holes.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

It's at least a little ironic that the first bagel woman they've fixed me up with is Jewish.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Hmmmmm, adventures?
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:It's at least a little disturbing that this site is essentially calling women soft holes.
This reminds me of that episode of The Cosby Show where Theo and Cockroach keep referring to girls as burgers, thus offending Denise and Vanessa.