Holy shitfuck!!!! Must order PS4 NOW!

For Mal
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Re: Holy shitfuck!!!! Must order PS4 NOW!

Post by Mal Shot First »

Well, this game might actually convince me to get a PS4 (if it actually ends up getting released this time).

The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

The Japanese are truly strange.

Watched the video. My three immediate impressions:

1. That Trico call is going to get old pretty quickly.
2. That kid is pretty fuckin' wreckless.
3. It looks quite beautiful to me, but something tells me people are going to bitch about the graphics. Graphics have gotten increasingly sharp and complex, and this doesn't look all that different from the footage they released more than half a decade ago.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

From what I heard, they supposedly had put development of the game on hold because the AI they wanted to develop for the game would have been too complex for the PS3. Apparently, they're now moving forward with it because they can make it the way they want it to be on the PS4. :roll:

Shadow of the Colossus also struck me as graphically inferior to many of the other games that were coming out on the PS2 at the time. I mean, the visuals were beautiful, but the graphics were often very pixelated and not all that sharp. It became a (cult) classic regardless.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

There is something 'deliberate' about that kids level of detail an animation. Like it's supposed to make you recall Manga without actually being Manga. You notice it when you see him close up.

Just in case it's not clear, I'm totally on board with the look of The Last Guardian.

I wasn't sure how well Shadow of the Colossus stacked up, graphically, to its contemporaries. I wasn't actively comparing games at the time. It was part of the ten-plus-year stretch where I had almost completely turned my back to modern gaming. YouTube has helped me get a better sense for where modern gaming is.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Modern gaming is Batman and CoD and then other stuff! How dare you pretend there is anything else!