I am replaying Fallout 3

For Mal
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Corporal_Hicks
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

I am replaying Fallout 3

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

That is all.
omicron

Re: I am replaying Fallout 3

Post by omicron »

That's one of the few games I have actually finished. Still need to go back to Fallout:NV.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Got bored of Battlefield 4 and since GTA5 has bugged out and won't let me continue the storyline, I figured I'd restart FO:NV. Forgot how much fun it is. It's really sucking me back in and I might seriously consider getting the DLC when I am finished, which I didn't do with FO3.
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Mal Shot First »

I was pretty excited to play FO:NV. I had put over 100 hours into FO3 and it had been over a year since I last played it, so I was ready for more stories from the universe. And while the setting was interesting and I enjoyed the overall larger scale of the New Vegas world (and I don't mean just the map, but also the political complexity with the various parties competing for dominance in the region), what killed my motivation was the sheer repetitiveness of the quests. Most of it boils down to entering a hot-spot and solving a problem either by using brute force or diplomatic means. What bothered me was that it was usually very obvious which one was the "right" choice (and that there was a right choice in the first place).

In addition to that, New Vegas had the same issue with power creep that FO3 had. The only time it matters which abilities you upgrade as you gain experience is the early to mid-game. The quests can get pretty challenging around level 10-13 because you actually have to use your skill to get anywhere. The character just ends up being super-powerful in the endgame, though.
Corporal_Hicks

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

Dishonored was available for free download for Xbox subscribers, so I've been playing it fairly consistently for the past couple of weeks.

Good game, not great. The premise and atmosphere are better than what the actual gameplay delivers.