Raspberry Pi Model B+

For Mal
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Raspberry Pi Model B+

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God » August 1st, 2014, 1:27 pm

Jubbers and I got a new TV, and we got a Raspberry Pi Model B+ to go with it. Our intention with the B+ is to load it full of emulators and make it our go-to vintage gaming system. I already have a bunch of ROMs for NES, MAME, Game Boy, Genesis, the Sega Master System, and the Atari 2600. I have a handful of Commodore 64 games, but I'm not sure if I'll load the Commodore 64 emulator on there. Each game requires something different to run, and it's best to have a keyboard for it.

I'm not sure what all Jubbers will want on there. I'm guessing she'll want to put a bunch of SNES games on it.

It's an ongoing project. For the moment, we're mostly concentrated on moving in. Once we get settled, we'll probably start playing with our B+. I figure I'll just put my ROMs on a flash drive and let Jubbers deal with the majority of the technical stuff.

Maybe we'll update with pictures, details, and the such.

Master Skywalker
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Re: Raspberry Pi Model B+

Post by Master Skywalker » April 22nd, 2016, 8:10 am

I know this is an old topic, but I only noticed it now, so forgive me for resurrecting it! ;P I'm curious how this turned out. The Pi is used by many home theater enthusiasts such as myself to serve as a cheap media server in conjunction with software like Kodi or Plex (both of which I personally use).
On December 15, 2017, the Greatest Saga Ever continues!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
May the Force be with you

The Swollen Goiter of God

Re: Raspberry Pi Model B+

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God » April 22nd, 2016, 9:16 am

We got distracted. We both collected some games and emulators, but we didn't get too far beyond that.

There were some issues on the technical end. We vowed to come back to it, but it has yet to happen. Maybe we'll get back to work on it at some point.