Trailers

For Mal
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Corporal_Hicks
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Re: Trailers

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

The multiplayer aspect of these games is more a social experience than anything. The more a player is involved in a certain game, the more people they meet during such games and more kind of uniform "teams" are formed. It can really be enjoyable if a fun team is formed by several people with a similar skill level and general social interest and liking of each other. That is where these games hit their sweet spot. It turns these games into an immersive experience as you are now working with a group of people that you generally like to accomplish a goal (victory) together.

Different multiplayer games draw a different kind of crowd. For my money, the Halo, Battlefield (and presumably Battlefront) games put the emphasis on teamwork. The maps are more immersive and the more diverse your team the better chances you are to have an enjoyable experience. This kind of gameplay lends itself to, dare I say, a more mature gamer. If you go Lone Wolf in these games, you will fail. They just aren't designed for the Rambo types.

The Call of Duty games seem to draw out more of the younger "stat" hounds. It just isn't as fun, and the games reward solo statistics over team play. To each his own.
Mango

Post by Mango »

Those trees look gorgeous.

I may have to upgrade just for this game. I loved Battlefront 2 with a passion; i used to play that sucker all the time. True story, I have a decent collection of Clone Trooper figures arrayed in different assault teams displayed in my house (less so than in the past, but with more Thor now) simply because of this franchise. So it makes me sad that this iteration will not involve any prequel material. Leading a Clone army from Geonosis to Hoth was awesome.

Still, this game looks amazing.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Here's more Star Wars Battlefront:

I don't know what Vader and full-on Jedi Luke are doing there, but people seem excited about it.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

What? Not canon?? How dare they?!
Corporal_Hicks

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

This game looks absolutely stunning.

Here's some E3 stuff:

Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Mal Shot First »

I saw the FFVII Remake trailer yesterday. I'd been wondering when Square-Enix would get around to remaking that game.
Corporal_Hicks

Post by Corporal_Hicks »

I beat it back in the day, but I just don't think I'll be able to justify giving up the 60+ hours (or whatever it was) to trudge through it again.

I would've rather them make a new game but in the classic sense. The post Final Fantasy 7 games are pretty bad.

This isn't a trailer, but it is where I put the other E3 stuff, so I'm sticking it here:

I thought I'd already posted it, but I couldn't find it.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

It's been a while since I've seen a live-action trailer for a video game:

I hope the dog also gets some armor.