The Batshit Crazy Republicans Roundup

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Re: The Batshit Crazy Republicans Roundup

Post by Dalty »

Apparently that's what we all do in a room full of lockers.
Scotia
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by Scotia »

Ken Bone and the rest of the undecided can go and shove that picket fence they rest upon so far up their asses that they'll be spitting splinters.

She don't need your vote.
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Do third party supporters like me count as "undecided"?

I certainly hope not.
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

Space Tycoon wrote:Do third party supporters like me count as "undecided"?

I certainly hope not.
Please, please tell me it's not Johnson. You're vote is way too good for him.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

I don't know that Spacey actually gets a vote in the US. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying a parent of his was from the US, but I don't think he's a registered voter in the US.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

More groping cases coming to light this morning. How is he still going? Can't he be pulled? Does he have to pull himself?
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

Technically, Putin is a third party in the election.
*Rimshot
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

But, I'm convinced that spacey is not a fan.
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

I haven't looked at any recent data but I would assume that the majority of the undecided are Repubs. Perhaps life long conservatives who are finally figuring out that the nom is not a good representative of their beliefs. Maybe soft evangelicals who go to church on the weekend and pride themselves on being Christian yet see Trump swinging his cock on a stage and it turns them off. I would think hard-line Bible thumpers will just stay home on election day. Maybe.

The rest of the undecided.....?
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Dalty wrote:More groping cases coming to light this morning. How is he still going? Can't he be pulled? Does he have to pull himself?
Nope. Ballots already printed and early voting already started in some states. Maybe they could coordinate a write-in campaign, but at this point the GOP has to carry this candidate to term, never mind the health of the party.
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Ha!

My dad is from St. Louis, in fact. Great fan of Harry Truman. No fan of Trump. I could probably get my dual citizenship if I wanted, but my minor criminal record might get in the way.

At this point my third party vote would go for the Green Party. I understand they're more militant than the Canadian Greens, but as it would largely be a protest vote, I would be willing to overlook that.

As I was going to say in the Democratic thread, I guess it's a matter of perspective for me. If I lived in the US, certain current events would have much more of a direct impact on me and I might be prepared to do the unthinkable and vote Clinton. But as I have a certain distance from it all, I just look at the process as a whole and say to myself, "Damn. They need some alternatives!"

Adam54 may feel free to write in a vote for Sanders or cast a vote some third party candidate, since he's given the Skoglund Guarantee that Trump won't win.

I say Sanders because Adam54 has professed a preference for Sanders over Clinton both here and on Facebook. If not Sanders, he might go for Stein, since there's a lot of ideological crossover. If it's a matter of conscience, and if he prefers other candidates to Clinton, now would be the time for him to vote that conscience. If it's a matter of protest, now would be the time to make that protest. If, instead, he's a pragmatist and believes that Clinton's his only viable option and that his voting for anyone else still has potential for putting Trump in office, I suppose he will feel it his duty to vote for Clinton.

The above options may only be open to Adam54. None of the rest of us has given the Skoglund Guarantee. Whatever the case, if Adam54 truly believes in the value of the Skoglund Guarantee, he may have more options open to him than he's believed himself to have in the past.
Adam54
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Adam54 »

It's both, quite honestly. I initially preferred Sanders, yes, but Clinton has won me over to the extent that I'll no longer be holding my nose while voting for her. Easily the best option still available. Stein is nuts, Johnson is too far from me ideologically and I've graduated high school, making voting for Trump an impossible rationalization.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

New polls today have Trump up just a point in Utah and Alaska and Clinton completely destroying him in Virginia.

I'm struggling to avoid getting overconfident since polls have been such a disaster the last couple election cycles (Yes, Dalty, including Brexit and the past couple major elections over there before Brexit), but I have to feel like we're nearing the point at which there are enough polls showing Orange Hitler running behind/barely winning VERY red states that things aren't exactly looking great for him.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Putin will change things. He will make you vote Trump with his super-special KGB powers!!
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

Adam54 wrote:Clinton has won me over to the extent that I'll no longer be holding my nose while voting for her.
Really? Voting for the (perceived) lesser of two evils I can understand. I get that.

But "winning over?" If anything, I now have even more reasons to dislike her candidacy than I had several months ago.

A lot of the newer WikiLeaks stuff has been pretty damning. It doesn't seem to have hurt her brand much among her supporters, though. I suppose the left-leaning people who were already planning to vote for her might not feel it's enough to keep them from voting for her, but I don't see it giving many of the same people more of a reason to vote for her. Some of it might actually appeal to some of the undecided right-leaning voters, so there's an outside chance some of it could actually help her win some new right-leaning votes. Her purported fracking comments, for example, might.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

Space Tycoon wrote:
Adam54 wrote:Clinton has won me over to the extent that I'll no longer be holding my nose while voting for her.
Really? Voting for the (perceived) lesser of two evils I can understand. I get that.

But "winning over?" If anything, I now have even more reasons to dislike her candidacy than I had several months ago.
I've seen her manage to stay focused on the issues while taking relentless abuse from one of the most petty, bullying individuals this country has ever seen. That, to me anyway, reads as a sign that she actually believes in what she's saying, which had long been a concern of mine.

I believe she's sincere now. I didn't before. Or at least it seems much more possible than it did six months ago. Economically and socially, we're pretty in sync.

What's changed for you?

Under almost any election circumstances other than those at present, the WikiLeaks releases probably would have been a campaign devastator. Clinton has benefited, I think, from being up against, as Adam54 puts it, "one of the most petty, bullying individuals this country has ever seen."
neglet

Post by neglet »

The Wikileaks stuff, for me, hasn't really contradicted anything I knew about her: that she's further to the center than many Democrats, and that she tailors remarks to her audience, which is what all politicians do. But you're correct, Trump being an utter disaster has mitigated the effect of these revelations. Hillary will make a steady if not ground-breaking (aside for her gender) president.

Some appear to be arguing that she has gone beyond simply tailoring her remarks to her audience and has, instead, told one audience one thing and another audience something entirely different. I gather that a growing number of people have said that, while the WikiLeaks stuff hasn't contradicted anything they knew about her, what they knew (or, maybe in some cases, expected or assumed) about her wasn't consistent with what they were looking for in either a president or a politician.

Excusing a politician for doing what all politicians do can get sticky. It's potentially not all that far removed from excusing all rockers for engaging in the sex, drugs, and rock and roll lifestyle, excusing all chefs for treating their staffs inhumanely, or excusing all men for being womanizers. The excuses and bad behavior often escalate alongside one another. It's clearly happened with Trump.
Adam54

Post by Adam54 »

A new poll today has Trump four points down in Utah.

Not to Clinton, no no. She's in third. He's four points behind Evan McMullin.

Show's over. Orange Hitler is toast.
neglet

Post by neglet »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:Excusing a politician for doing what all politicians do can get sticky. It's potentially not all that far removed from excusing all rockers for engaging in the sex, drugs, and rock and roll lifestyle, excusing all chefs for treating their staffs inhumanely, or excusing all men for being womanizers. The excuses and bad behavior often escalate alongside one another. It's clearly happened with Trump.
I'm not excusing her for it, and I'm not saying it's not less than ideal, it's just not something that surprises or shocks me enough to affect my vote. You can demand a higher standard only if that option is available, and it clearly isn't in this election.
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

"Biggly"

Really?
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »