What are you playing right now?

For Mal
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Master Skywalker
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Master Skywalker »

Dalty wrote:Maybe it will help my new status as a man who stays at home!!!!
Man Who Stays at Home Gaming. Now that's a title all (or at least some) of us can aspire to. :D
On December 20, 2019, the Greatest Saga Ever... concludes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
May the Force be with you
omicron
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Post by omicron »

Downloaded Forza Horizon since it was a free, backward compatible game this month on XBOX live. I am not a big racing game fan, but it is pretty fun and I like modding the cars.
Master Skywalker

I'm taking a break from No Man's Sky due to a bug with the latest update that apparently reset a lot of people's Atlas Path (a main storyline). Once that's fixed, I'll get back to it, but the break gave me the chance to finally begin Dark Souls III, and like all Souls games, it immediately hooked me and brought back that incomparable feeling of a darkly beautiful yet brutal world that demands the player constantly improves his/her skills in order to succeed. Since I had last played Bloodborne a couple months ago, I was a bit rusty, but managed to defeat the first boss last night. I can't wait to continue.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings. Free game this month on Xbox. Fun little baseball game, playing a season now.
omicron

Post by omicron »

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition was a free download this month so I picked it up. Pretty funny and very old-school. You can even press a button and get back to the 8bit graphics.
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Mal Shot First »

Which system was the special offer for?
omicron

Post by omicron »

Xbox Games with Gold.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

omicron wrote:The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition was a free download this month so I picked it up. Pretty funny and very old-school. You can even press a button and get back to the 8bit graphics.
Cool! I have both for my iPad and it's offline so can play it on planes etc. It's excellent fun. Reminds me of my old Commodore Amiga days!
omicron

Post by omicron »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/play-o ... e=facebook

Free Overwatch for a weekend. I would highly recommend it. This game is very fun.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Burnout Paradise was just released as a backwards compatible game. I haven't played it in a while, but I remember liking it alot back on the 360. Downloaded the compatibility patch this morning, plan on playing it alot this long weekend.
Mango

Post by Mango »

Burnout Paradise is awesome, I'll have to get that downloaded.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Damn you Amazon and your cyber monday deals. I just went and bought the Skyrim Special Edition cause it was like 30 bucks. Apparently it also includes all the DLC. I am guessing it might just suck the life out of me.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

ii am playing owlboy! it's so so good, i've waited so long for it!
omicron

Post by omicron »

Finished Borderlands, so I decided to go back and play it with one of the other classes (was soldier, now sniper). Also did it because I didn't do any of the DLC missions the first play-through so I figured it would be fun to play them while I was closer to the level of the DLC rather than doing the missions as a maxed out character.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Microsoft just made GTA4 backwards compatible so I guess I will start playing that. I never did finish the game on the 360.
Master Skywalker

I'm currently working my way through multiple games (as always), but have been actively playing Nioh, which is a fantastic game. However, I just preordered Mass Effect: Andromeda, so that will undoubtedly become my focus when it arrives next week.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Jubbers is playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. She should tell us about it.
Master Skywalker

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote: March 14th, 2017, 9:30 am Jubbers is playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. She should tell us about it.
Yes, she should! :D
The Swollen Goiter of God

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

It might have to wait until after work lets her come up for air.
Master Skywalker

I'd tide myself over by watching more Breath of the Wild gameplay videos on YouTube, but I really need to stop before I spoil something major. :lol:
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

Lots of overtime for work lately, so I haven't gotten to play it as much as I would like, but I've still played 20+ hours. It is so big and there is so much to do, that i haven't progressed very far in the main quest yet and I've been to very few areas on the map. I've died a lot, and in so many ways, so much so that Jubboiter no longer asks me "what say?" when the words "Game Over" appear on the screen - instead she says it herself and giggles (and she has been saying the phrase a lot outside of my playing, and even PPAP-ing it).

It is amazing.
Master Skywalker

Jubbers wrote: March 15th, 2017, 8:54 am Lots of overtime for work lately, so I haven't gotten to play it as much as I would like, but I've still played 20+ hours. It is so big and there is so much to do, that i haven't progressed very far in the main quest yet and I've been to very few areas on the map. I've died a lot, and in so many ways, so much so that Jubboiter no longer asks me "what say?" when the words "Game Over" appear on the screen - instead she says it herself and giggles (and she has been saying the phrase a lot outside of my playing, and even PPAP-ing it).

It is amazing.
Awesome. Do you play it more in handheld mode or on the TV?
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

I've probably played half of it on the TV (and most of that time has been with Jubboiter watching), and then half of it in Tabletop mode in my room (the Switch with its kickstand out, using the joy-cons in the grip). I played about half an hour with it in actual handheld mode, with the joycons attached to the Switch, but I don't find that as comfortable as having the joy-cons in the grip.

Due to my unique vision issues, I can play for longer stretches in TV mode, but it's really nice being able to have it in Tabletop mode beside me as I lie in bed :D
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Jubbers wrote: March 15th, 2017, 8:54 am It is so big and there is so much to do, that i haven't progressed very far in the main quest yet and I've been to very few areas on the map.
Sounds like my experience with Mass Effect and Bethesda's Fallout games. I don't know how many hours I spent at the Citadel (the giant space station where you start the game) in the original Mass Effect beyond the actual required point. It's a fairly long segment as it is, but I stayed there until I had done absolutely everything I could before leaving.

The sense of scale in the Fallout games was almost overwhelming for me at times (especially in New Vegas - it might be even more overwhelming in Fallout 4, but I haven't played that). It's not just the size of the world, but the sheer number of side quests, some of which branch off into their own sort of subnarratives separate from the main quest. It would get to a point where I'd have to take a break from the game for a few days to approach it with more energy afterwards.
omicron

Post by omicron »

Downloaded Assassin’s Creed III for free on Xbox Games with Gold. Looking forward to June 16 when Watchdogs is also released. Damn glad I got a 1TB drive in my Xbox One, already over half full. At this rate, I will need to be put either on house arrest or laid up with a long-term illness to finish all these games :)