Fun Japanese Things

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fun Japanese Things

Post by Jubbers »

She's got some fun angles :)
elephanter0

Post by elephanter0 »

elephanter0

Post by elephanter0 »

Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

This is the most awesome Lupin III toy ever and I want one.

ぬぎぬぎガン = take-off-clothes-take-off-clothes gun
Mal Shot First
Wall of Text Climber - 2500 Posts

Post by Mal Shot First »

In b4 #MeToo.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

I've ordered one.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Here's 45 minutes of fun Japanese things:

Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

I bought a book recently that would probably interest Spacy.

It's a small paperback called 昭和ちびっこ未来画報 ~ぼくらの21世紀 "Futuristic Illustrations for Kids of the Showa Era - Our 21st Century"

Even though the entire book is in Japanese, for some reason the description on the book flap is in English:
"Evacuation from Earth," "Tokyo 2061," "Artificial Sun in a World Without Night," "A Computer Manufacturing Human Beings." This book presents a collection of futuristic conceptual illustrations found in magazines for kids from the 1950s to the 1970s. During this period, most of the illustrated articles anticipating what life would be like in the 21st century were a nonsensical parade of daydream, fantasy, and wild flights of imagination.
The futuristic illustrations by Shigeru Komatsuzaki, Gojin Ishihara, and other giants of science fantasy illustration contained in the book are grouped into six categories: everyday life, modes of transportation, robots, computers, space, and the end of the world. Articles regularly featured in kid's magazines that painted dramatic pictures of life in the 21st century fascinated the boys and girls of the Showa era. But because the magazines that carried these articles were mass consumed, they were easily lost or thrown away. Now most of them live only in the memories of their readers.
Now that we are the "people of the future" living in the real 21st century, let's travel back in time to the "lost 21st century" that the Showa era adults were so absorbed in creating - utopias full of hopes and dreams as well as doomed landscapes of deathtopias. The "Future" was what interested Showa kids more than anything else - it was the greatest source of excitement. We hope you will enjoy this treasure box filled with a legacy of fantastic imaginative creations.
I'll post some pictures from it.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

20200825_115348~2.jpg
20200825_115348~2.jpg (938.94 KiB) Viewed 26797 times
This is an "accident free highway" = when you wreck, the giant robots pick your car off the road.
20200825_115430~2.jpg
20200825_115430~2.jpg (925.84 KiB) Viewed 26797 times
A mom-bot.
20200825_115613~2.jpg
20200825_115613~2.jpg (875.71 KiB) Viewed 26797 times
School, with automated beatings.
20200825_115648~2.jpg
20200825_115648~2.jpg (614.78 KiB) Viewed 26797 times
The Matrix? - Computer grown people.
20200825_115859~2.jpg
20200825_115859~2.jpg (880.64 KiB) Viewed 26797 times
Space Ark
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Mom-bot reminds me of Mr. Handy from the Fallout series.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

We are watching The Rose of Versailles during dinner right now (neither Goiter or Jubboiter have seen before). It was quite fun, a few episodes into the Madame du Barry bits, explaining to Jubboiter what "selling one's body" and "prostitute" meant :D
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

Jubbers wrote: September 19th, 2020, 4:17 pm We are watching The Rose of Versailles during dinner right now (neither Goiter or Jubboiter have seen before). It was quite fun, a few episodes into the Madame du Barry bits, explaining to Jubboiter what "selling one's body" and "prostitute" meant :D
A few nights ago we reached the end of the Charlotte section, and Jubboiter demanded to know if this show was appropriate for children.
Mal Shot First

Post by Mal Shot First »

Haha, she's got a point, I suppose, but she's watching it with you guys and I'm sure you can provide the appropriate context. Learning about history can be generally inappropriate for younger children (you know, with all the violence and death and whatnot), but some are more mature or "ready" for it than others. I think I was about 11 when I first watched the show and I don't feel it was inappropriate for me. And: I actually learned a lot about the French Revolution. :lol: Yeah, the show takes obvious liberties with the events and historical figures (it's historical fiction, after all), but the general outline of the events leading up to the revolution is there. When we got to the French Revolution in history class, having watched the show actually provided a lot of the historical context for me.

By the way, I first watched the show in German and then got my hands on an English sub when I was in college. There was this line when Oscar sees a prostitute at some point: "What a cute prostitute" (I think it's the blind prostitute, Nicole d'Oliva, who is involved in the Diamond Affair). My sister and I found it hilarious - I guess it's the juxtaposition of linguistic registers of the words "cute" and "prostitute"? (I would maybe expect "attractive prostitute" or "cute hooker.") Anyway, it became a bit of a running gag for us, and whenever Rosalie showed up, we would call out, "What a cute prostitute," because she is always such a "good girl."
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

An entire series of Arnold commercials for Alinamin V energy drinks.
Scotia
Money Bag Polisher - 100 Posts

Post by Scotia »

Japanese ASMR is a real thing.
Scotia

Post by Scotia »

I maintain this position
Space Tycoon
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts
ü83r l33t - 1338 Posts

Post by Space Tycoon »

I have given ASMR a try previously. Gotta be honest, not my thing.

And I say this as one who rarely says "no" to legal, ethical forms of self-pleasuring.

TMI, perhaps? Eh, wouldn't exactly be the first time. :oops: