The Quickly Solved Mystery of the Smiley Face in the Snow

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

The Quickly Solved Mystery of the Smiley Face in the Snow

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

Tuesday is garbage day. The garbage truck usually comes just before eight in the ante meridiem. Before Jubbers left for work this morning, she sent me a chat message reminding me to wheel the trashcan out to the road.

I didn't see Jubbers's message until roughly twenty till eight. When I saw it, I kicked on some shoes, pulled the trash out of the inside bin, and went outside. I went to the north side of the house, fought to get the screw-top lid off the big trashcan (it's supposed to prevent raccoons from getting in the trash; it's a bastard, though, and can get stuck), put the bag in the big trashcan, wheeled the can out to the road, and went back inside. I beat the garbage truck by about five minutes.

Jubboiter was screamy when I got back. I changed her, fed her, and played with her for a bit, then went to wheel the trashcan back to the north side of the house. When I got there, I saw the above. I assumed Jubbers had drawn it in the snow for me before she left for work, since she knew I'd be taking the trash out to the road. I also assumed I had missed it, in my haste to get the trash to the road, the first time I went to the north side of the house. It was a good circle, and I was impressed with the cleverness of using a cat's paw prints for the eyes. It bore a vague resemblance to Jack Skellington, of whom both Jubbers and I are fans. It was also wearing what appeared to be a yarmulke, which was sorta weird, but it's not like Jubbers is 100% normal.

When I asked her about it, she said she had done no such thing. I sent her the picture. She asked if maybe the base of the trashcan had made the impression. I told her it couldn't have. The base isn't that wide. I'd already checked. Also, the wheels would have made an impression.

For a second or two, I thought maybe we had a stalker. I then realized what had happened. I had thrown the lid to the ground after I had taken it off to add the trash bag. It just happened to land that way. When I replaced the lid, I was too focused on beating the garbage truck to the road to notice the ring left in the snow.

I, it turned out, was the yarmulke-wearing smiley face's artist. Well, co-artist. There was also the cat.
Quasar
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Re: The Quickly Solved Mystery of the Smiley Face in the Sno

Post by Quasar »

Did you also eat the shit pudding?

I was too sheepish.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

So will you stop talking shit about cats, because they are clearly artistic souls with a sense of humor?

It was found art. I don't grant the cat full agency.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

They are watching you Goiter. They heard what you said about them being dumb but good eating.

I said the same thing about babies. Jubboiter could be in on it.
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Could be in on it? Your underestimating of Jubboiter was your latest mistake.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

He was warned. HE DIDN''T LISTEN!