Ow.

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Re: Ow.

Post by Dalty »

Did you awake with random drinking injuries?
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

I wasn't talking about that kind of spirit.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

You mean like The Entity?

That would have been a good one for a Retro Review. It was made in 1981. It wasn't released until late 1982, though. It wasn't released in the US until 1983.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Never seen it. Heard it's creepy.

I've seen it. Don't remember much. It's been almost twenty-five years.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

To Amazon!
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

Feeling much better (you were right neglet - about 5 days, and I feel pretty good). I got to see color photographs (no circles or arrows) of the offending adhesion today - it was pasting my bowels to my peritoneum. It likely formed after my appendectomy and then, as Jubboiter caused my belly to expand, was unable to stretch in kind, since it was scar tissue. Hence the inflammation and severe bowel issues. I'll report back to the doctor in a month to see if this solves my problem, or if we need to keep looking. I have an appetite again, and have been stuffing my face for the past three days.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

Not to say that we're "ow" free in this part of the world. Massive thunderstorm last night and this morning. Struck my parents' house and destroyed most of their electronic computer-related things, such as their routers and satellite internet boxes, etc. I locked my keys in my running car and the brand-new wiper blade I had put on our car two weeks ago had a piece fly off.

Most terrible, however, is my poor nephew. He's three-ish, I think, and when he was born, he had hypospadias (Wikipedia - with penis pictures). He had surgery soon after birth to fix it, but the repair split open. Then he had the original hole open back up and was peeing out of multiple places at once. And repeat: he had his 4th surgery yesterday, and unfortunately a piece of catheter broke off inside. He can't pee, and has to have surgery to fix that tomorrow morning.

One of these days, I suspect, he simply won't have a penis.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

Yowch. When my son was born he had a hydrocele (water on the balls), which meant his tubes didn't close after his testicles descended. Every once and a while his sack would swell up, quite a surprise when checking the diaper. It wasn't painful but he had to have them repaired to avoid future hernias when he was three months old.

It was a success, and a couple weeks later at a follow up exam, the doctor had to clear out the last bit of fluid ... with a big honking needle. He stuck that right up there in my boy's nutsack and withdrew a big syringe of fluid, without the kid making a sound.

I love telling that story to grown men.
neglet

Post by neglet »

Speaking of ow, try breast-feeding a 3 month old, usually every 3-4 hours, then not feed him for 8 hours because he's having surgery.
Jubbers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jubbers »

As Goiter points out, it's probably good I wasn't able to breastfeed, with all of my hospital stays and pain medication. I never experienced engorgement, despite everyone warning me about it and how much it would hurt. Defective boobs, I guess. Milk didn't appear until over 2 weeks after Jubboiter appeared, and even then it was just drops. Jubboiter got her first taste of human blood her first day alive, since that's all she could get from them... I probably doomed humanity that day. Once they get a taste of human blood...

The nutsack can take quite a beating without it causing the beatee too much pain. You can tug it, staple it, bite, what have you. No big deal. The nuts, themselves, are what you want to be careful around.

Then again, I'm probably not the right guy to be talking about what hurts and doesn't hurt. I'm a nerve-damaged motherfucker.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

Nobody likes over sensitive nuts. One mistimed attempt and tenderness...... yowser!