Amazing Spiderman 2

Why bother with any other forum?
Forum rules
We once roamed the vast forums of Corona Coming Attractions. Some of us had been around from The Before Times, in the Days of Excelsior, while others of us had only recently begun our trek. When our home became filled with much evil, including the villainous Cannot-Post-in-This-Browser and the dreaded Cannot-Log-In, we flounced away most huffily to this new home away from home. We follow the flag of Jubboiter and talk about movies, life, the universe, and everything, often in a most vulgar fashion. All are welcome here, so long as they do not take offense to our particular idiom.
omicron
Washer of the Tights - 250 Posts

Re: Amazing Spiderman 2

Post by omicron »

neglet wrote:Well, it's not really a spoiler at this point, but the "stinger" in the Spidey 2 credits was actually a promo for the new X-Men flick. I don't know if that presages more cooperation in the future, or just Sony out squeezing out more bucks, but I thought is was interesting. Peculiar interesting, that is.
Only thing is that there's not alot of cross-over between Spidey and the X-Men much, as far as I recall. Spidey-Avengers, X-Men-Avengers, sure. Hell, Spidey-FF have some overlap since they are both NYC based.
The Swollen Goiter of God
Postapocalypse Survivor - 7510 Posts

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

There's also this bit of awfulness:

Dalty
Vegeta-ble Slicer - 9001 Posts

Post by Dalty »

Erm...... isn't Spidey already kind of a mutant anyway?
The Swollen Goiter of God

Post by The Swollen Goiter of God »

He's mutated Homo sapiens sapiens. Mutants are Homo sapiens superior. He's like Bruce Banner, the folks in the Fantastic Four, and Captain America. They weren't born with their mutations.

There is some dumb bullshit in one of the Straczynski arcs where Parker was told that he had had the Spider "within him" from birth and that he was fated to be bit and to become a hero.
Dalty

Post by Dalty »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:Straczynski
Bless you.
neglet
Shoots First - 1138 Posts
Shoots First - 1138 Posts

Post by neglet »

The Swollen Goiter of God wrote:There is some dumb bullshit in one of the Straczynski arcs where Parker was told that he had had the Spider "within him" from birth and that he was fated to be bit and to become a hero.
I actually like how they're developing this in the new movies, that Richard Parker's research is key to why Peter becomes Spidey. You learn in the second film, in an entirely overlong and elaborate sequence, that SPOILER: Richard used his own DNA in creating the spider-human chimaera and that's why Peter doesn't turn into a monster after being bitten, unlike the Lizard.
Mango

Post by Mango »

On the whole I liked Spidy 2. The opening was a lot of fun, and his interaction with random people really made me feel like he was a good superhero and not just some super-powered guy who shows up to a crisis.
In a world where Superman says "To hell with those squishy guys, I got punchin' to do!" It's nice to see a hero just interacting and being helpful and preventive.
I also loved Electro, and the score that follows him is really amazing and well done.

The middle was too long though, and kind of muddled. I almost feel like they could have made two really solid movies out of this one film.

The ending action built pretty well and while I wasn't fond of all the beats there, it worked well enough and led to a solid finish.